Wednesday, May 16, 2012

BLOG HOP For Card Maker Magazine

Welcome!
There is an amazing crop going on over at CardSwaps this week. Challenges, games and conversations will be posted May 16-19, 2012 and you have until May 22, 2012 to get your projects posted to the appropriate thread. If you haven't participated before, don't worry! There are many members and myself that will be around to offer support and encouragement. You can find out all you need to know in the forum. At the end of the hop you will be taken to the crop and I do hope you join in. Collect the letters along the way and unscramble them to be entered into the drawing for a prize for one lucky hopper! You will be given details at the bottom of this post. Don't skip ahead!!! You may miss something great.

The blog hop "theme" goes along with the crop "Time To Shine". The hostesses for the hop were able to come up with there own projects. The only criteria the project has to meet is that it has to be able to be used for a day in which someone has their “Time To Shine”! Such as birthdays, graduations, weddings, communions, or whatever. We were also asked to share something about our favorite memory of a day when it was our “time to shine”.

My memory happened less than a year ago. On Aug 27th 2011 I married my best friend. It was wonderful day. I loved having my friends and family there to see us get married.
I couldn't help but smile all day long.

The card I created is a wedding card. As some of you may know I am not a huge fan of GLITTER! Well I do love embossing. I think it adds a glitter effect without having it everywhere. I used black paper and vellum. The ribbon is from my giant ribbon stash so not really sure where that came from. The embossed roses are from Stampin Up using the Big Shot {which I LOVE}. The stamp is from a Stampin Up set called Happy Harmony. This card took me 15 min, from start to finish, including embossing and using the Big Shot.


Unscramble It game for hoppers... You will be unscrambling a word once you will collect a letter at each blog you visit. Once you collect ALL the letters, the last hostess in the blog hop will direct you to the thread in the forum where you can find all the details you need to enter the drawing. All hoppers collecting all the letters, unscrambling the word or phrase, entering the game by following the directions in the forum, and leaving feedback on EVERY blog they visit WILL be entered in to a random drawing held on May 23, 2012. ONE lucky hopper will have their name drawn and will win a prize!! Fun, right?? So, make sure you visit every blog and find the letters.
Your hints are... it’s a phrase, it has four words, and it’s a way you will be able to shine.
OK... You arrived here from Brooke Smith's blog, I hope. If not, go back and check out her blog and collect your letter. Then collect my letter and hop on. If you want to start over, feel free to start back with Brooke on the CardMaker Magazine blog.
My letter is... O

The list of hoppers, in case you got lost.
Jeanette ~~~~ YOU ARE HERE

48 comments:

  1. LOVE how you fussy cut the vellum from that folder. It's GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lora. I made a Birthday card the other day using the same technique. Thought it fit perfect with our theme.

      Delete
  2. I love your card! It is so very elegant. Its going to serve as inspiration for a wedding card I'm about to make. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I got the from a Birthday Card I made at Stamp Camp.

      Delete
  3. Jeanette, this is gorgeous! Love those embossed roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Ana. It's the only time I have been called Elegant! LOL

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn. It was a wonderful day and I know my family in heaven, especially my dad, was there to celebrate too.

      Delete
  6. this is a stunning card! I love the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tampatha. Vellum is really easy to work with, I just never remember to use it!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful card and great picture of you and Bob :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashely. It's the one day I didn't have to fight with Bob to have his picture taken.

      Delete
  8. This is so pretty! The embossed vellum adds a very pretty touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. It really is so easy yet adds the perfect WOW.

      Delete
  9. Such an elegant card...I too like embossing and your roses are gorgeous!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, and I enjoyed the wedding pictures also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. Over at CardMaker I have more. Plus my wonderful husband and I are taking pictures every month on the 27th. I post those too.

      Delete
  11. Pretty, pretty, Jeanette!!! I love the vellum overlay. Is that Manhattan flower embossing folder?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jeanette... very elegant! I love the embossed vellum and the fussycut. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene. It was so easy to do. I am going to make up some extra's for Birthday's.

      Delete
  13. What a lovely card Jeanette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. Have you checked out CardMaker CardSwap yet? Alot of fun.

      Delete
  14. Lovely card Jeanette I was married last year too. I like the side ribbon bow that pulls your card together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Love the embossed vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you joined in on the blog hop! I love your cards and I am so glad to see you doing them again. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle for stopping by. I hope you liked my card and memory.

      Delete
  18. very pretty card like how you did this

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card. I have a pile of vellum that I hardly ever remember. Going to pull it out today and play!

    Also, Congratulations, Jeanette. My hubby and I celebrated our 34th Anniversary this past December. I'm thankful to have shared so many years of wedded bliss with my best friend. (okay, maybe 22 years of wedded bliss, 8 years of wedded stress and just 4 years of "what was I thinking?!")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. Bob and I have known each other for over 10 years. He was our family mechanic. I started working for him part-time when I lost my job and we started dating after that!

      Delete
  20. Love your card- The embossed vellum and side bow add a touch of sophistication! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. It is funny how one little touch adds sooooo much.

      Delete
  21. Beautiful card. I'm going to have to try embossing vellum this weekend. I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! I have some weddings this summer. . .thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jeanette that is a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete